MARY’S WALTON CLEVEDON
BRIEF CHURCH HISTORY
of St Mary’s
Walton was built in 1869/70 and consecrated on the 5th November 1870. It stands on the site of a 13th Century
church, which was probably rebuilt in the 15th Century. The base of the 15th Century tower now forms
part of the present bell tower.
1997 the bells were restored and the peal increased from four to six. The original pipe organ was replaced in 2003
by a digital, electronic one.
the early 1980s, St Mary’s became part of the United Benefice of East Clevedon.